“It is our mission to be the Industry Leader providing environmental services to protect natural resources and communities.”
The environmental professionals at Aquatic Vegetation Control, Inc. (AVC) clearly understand the significant economic and ecological implications of invasive vegetation in Florida and its detrimental effects on natural ecosystems and public safety. We fully comprehend the magnitude of these negative effects on storm water drainage, property values, highway safety, mosquito control, aesthetic values, recreation and tourism, biodiversity, critical habitat loss, fisheries and wildlife populations, and other impacts too numerous to list.
We are proud to be among the environmental professionals assisting local, state, and federal agencies, as well as the private sector, tackle the extremely difficult task of maintaining public safety and reclaiming Florida’s natural areas and waterways for future generations.
AVC believes that it is our duty to help the communities that support us. We volunteer our professional resources to assist on environmental work days with such groups as The Nature Conservancy, Camp Tanah Keeta, Florida Department of Environmental Protection, as well as various counties and cities.
We understand the need for leadership within our professional organizations and have committed our resources toward serving on several levels.
AVC supports the following organizations through contributions and service:
• Florida Exotic Pest Plant Council (FLEPPC)
• Aquatic Plant Management Society (Florida, South Carolina)
• Aquatic Ecosystem Restoration Foundation (AERF)
• Vegetation Management Association (Florida, Georgia, South Carolina)
• Responsible Industry for a Sound Environment (RISE)
• Invasive Plant Management Association (IPMA)
• Florida Association of Native Nurseries (FANN)
• Florida Native Plant Society (FNPS)